Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Indulgence of Self


I am an idea.
An abstract thought, expressed into an organic animate form.
Expressing myself, a task I undertake with passion and verve.
That is the point of my existence - to relate, to connect and to express.

Why Philosophy?
It is not as so much of the intellectual discourse of some contextual knowledge, not even the logical rational technique of philosophy in which I strengthen my mind and reasoning.

No, it is not which I can learn in a library. I desire to know what these greatest of "The Great Men" have placed upon our collective consciousness, our mental palates. For millennial, these men have lead revolutions/evolutions in the human psyche. I desire to know in totality(or at least as much as possible) exactly, what has been put forth - thus knowing where and how I can put forth of myself; in the quest for truth.

To put aside my quenching and indulgent "ego", I refuse to submit my existence as a meaningless acceptance of opinions, propaganda and subjugation; without first fully immersing myself in the understanding of the truth behind it all.

I have been given breathe to use as I please.

I have chosen to use my life as a beacon of elevating humanity. For we have progressed in tremendous length and depth in the sciences, in our creature comforts and the like. We have surpassed our level of technology beyond our basic understanding of it's benefits or banes. We have progressed collectively in all areas except "Basic Human thought".

Our virtues and purpose of being human has deteriorated - equal to our degradation of our environments, ecosystems and natural habitats. This to my knowledge, is the result of our lack of understanding. There is no purpose in advancement without the knowledge of why and the truth on a fundamental level.

Philosophy, is meant to somehow bridge that gap and maybe, bring about a realistic-reality of Men Being Men and not being a parasite or a plaguing disease. For I know I am not alone in this quest, but alone must I walk this path.

Philosophy will be my guiding light.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude."

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson



No comments: